Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Apologies for the absence. We were wiped out from the move and Christmas. We did have a wonderful Christmas, though I must admit this is the first year I'm glad it's over. We just didn't have time to enjoy it with the move. Next year will be different. :) I am glad to say that we're finally getting settled in the new house. I can't even begin to explain how convenient it is living in East Memphis now. We're right around the corner from all our favorite stores, restaurants, and most importantly--Super Target. :) We are still far from having the house completely decorated, but there are at least some pictures on the walls. In January I plan on painting our hallway and bathrooms, but just thinking about painting right now makes me exhausted. Speaking of exhausted--you want to know what's even more exhausting than painting? Raking leaves. Lots and lots of leaves.
Since the New Year is almost upon us, I thought it would be fitting to insert a few goals or ideas for January. I've never been one to believe in New Years resolutions (those it's totally fine for those who do). I do, however, like the idea of setting goals in general. Perhaps goals and resolutions are one in the same, but you get the point. :)
Ideas/Goals for January:
1. Painting a few rooms
2. Contemplate training for the Germantown half marathon in March (still can't figure out if I want to do this or not yet...still thinking). If not, sign up for shorter races.
3. Pray for snow!
4. Read more.
5. Make myself relax and not clean if I have spare time.
6. Use cookbooks to make new recipes.
7. Have more dates with Mark. :)
8. Organize some closets (which hopefully does not interfere with #5).
9. Go to a restaurant we've never been to before.
10. Take walks in our neighborhood.
I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years