I cannot seem to wake up today. :/ I went to bed late last night and now I'm paying the consequences...constant yawning and drooping eyes. I even got one of these before work:
I'm becoming addicted to their iced coffee, it's amazing. It's not too sweet, too creamy, or too strong. Excellent. It perked me up during the two traffic jams I had to drive through in order to get to work, but it's 12:00 and I'm still sleepy. Since it's lunch time, I'll share what I had for lunch today.
Progresso Lentil Bean soup! Yes I know it's high in sodium, but sometimes I just don't want to make a lunch and it's nice to have something a little easier (I mean, you open a can, pour it in a bowl, and heat it up...how much easier can you get?). I can barely make it through half a can of this soup because it's so filling, but it's so good! Now I just need to make sure that I don't eat really salty food for the rest of the day since I'm sure I got more than my daily intake of sodium in that half a can, oh well. :)
Has anybody else gotten their spring clothes out of storage yet? I've been wearing the same light weight stuff I have in my closet trying to avoid pulling out that big of bin of spring and summer clothes, but from looking at the radar it seems like I might have to suck it up and bring it out.
Mark and I have been using our pasta maker that we got for one of our wedding presents and it is so much fun! We've been making ravioli with different fillings and such, but we're still trying to master getting the right thin/thick ratio of the pasta. We made a whole wheat spinach and mushroom the other night and it just tastes so much fresher and better than store bought pasta. We say that we'll never buy pasta again, but I have a feeling that we'll have lazy days and probably buy it. :)
Sorry this was such a random post, but my mind is all hazy. I need a work nap. :/
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Now before any of you haters get on to me for not updating my blog, I have a valid excuse. :) I've been sick since last Friday evening so I haven't felt like doing to much other than laying in bed or on the couch. I'm finally better after drinking a lot, a doctor's visit (bleh), and some soup from my mom (it was delicious). I hate the doctor, but I went to a new one this last time. I must say that I only waited about 10 minutes in the waiting room and had a very attentitive nurse who sympathized when I tried to be a brave and act like a big girl when I was getting my finger pricked. I decided that it was best not to look as she took 3 minutes to squeeze the blood out of my finger. Gross. I did have to wait about 25 minutes to see the doctor after that, but it was just a viral thing that needed to run its course. I am back now and feeling much, much better.
Here's a few things that's been going on with us;
1. We watched Les Miserables with Liam Neeson on Saturday night. I read the book a few summers ago so I was curious how they would speed up the story so it could fit into a movie. It was really well done and not boring whatsoever. It's always fun to see how books are played out into movies and how that differs from what you had pictured yourself.
2. We need to get our taxes done so we can just have it over with. We use TurboTax, and by "we" I mean Mark because I am clueless when it comes to tax stuff. I can barely fill out a W2 correctly (hopefully I did this year).
3. I learned that Mark apparently is grossed out by the little strands of hair that are attached to fresh corn cobs. Hilarious. I happen to think the seedy pulp in the middle of cantaloupes is horrible too.
4. We are definitely not getting sick of the snow at all! I know some people are getting really tired of it but I still love it. Spring will be fun and all, but I love everything being all fluffy and white.
5. We just started watching the show Modern Family and oh wow, it is absolutely histarical. I cannot stop laughing out loud everytime we watch an episode.
6. I made a vegetable lasagna that tastes pretty good, but for some reason Mark and I don't want to eat it at all. Does this ever happen to anyone else? You make something that tastes fine, but you just really don't want to eat it again?
7. Valentine's Day is coming up next Monday and Mark has something he's planning that I'm really excited about! I even came home yesterday to find a bag of dark chocolate covered pomegrantes on my bed waiting as an early Valentine's present. And yes, they are amazing.
8. I've been really dying to go buy some new nail polishes and I have no clue why. I suppose I'm tired of the ones I have, but I need new ones ASAP. :)
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Why oh why do I keep putting off going to the grocery store?? Every morning looks the same...I open the pantry, thinking to myself that I really need to start packing my lunches the night before. I see nothing that I can take to work. :/ Well, I'll just eat breakfast first and then pack a lunch. I open the refrigerator and pick up the milk to find that it's almost empty. UGH. I have got to go to the grocery store, it's killing me.
Well we had to turn off the air conditioning yesterday since God decided that it maybe should feel like winter here for once. Yes, we had the air conditioning on because the apartment was 70 degrees and that is far too hot for Mark and I--we even sleep with a fan on right now with the 20 degree weather at night, it's just how we roll. This is also probably why little Clove felt the need to do this:
My aunt Melinda informed me that I don't update our blog enough so Melinda this post is dedicated to you. :)
If anyone reading this out there has any recommendations for good herbs to grow, and by good I mean herbs that are easy to grow and I won't kill, please comment below. Last year I grew basil and oregano. The basil did great and the rosemary was later purchased at Easy Way if you know what I mean. :)
Also, has anyone been to this Mediterranean place called Casablanca on Poplar by Smooth Moves? Mark and I keep wanting to try it so we looked up the menu and it looks pretty delicious. Any reviews?