Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Snow Day


Now before any of you haters get on to me for not updating my blog, I have a valid excuse. :) I've been sick since last Friday evening so I haven't felt like doing to much other than laying in bed or on the couch. I'm finally better after drinking a lot, a doctor's visit (bleh), and some soup from my mom (it was delicious). I hate the doctor, but I went to a new one this last time. I must say that I only waited about 10 minutes in the waiting room and had a very attentitive nurse who sympathized when I tried to be a brave and act like a big girl when I was getting my finger pricked. I decided that it was best not to look as she took 3 minutes to squeeze the blood out of my finger. Gross. I did have to wait about 25 minutes to see the doctor after that, but it was just a viral thing that needed to run its course. I am back now and feeling much, much better.

Here's a few things that's been going on with us;
1. We watched Les Miserables with Liam Neeson on Saturday night. I read the book a few summers ago so I was curious how they would speed up the story so it could fit into a movie. It was really well done and not boring whatsoever. It's always fun to see how books are played out into movies and how that differs from what you had pictured yourself.



2. We need to get our taxes done so we can just have it over with. We use TurboTax, and by "we" I mean Mark because I am clueless when it comes to tax stuff. I can barely fill out a W2 correctly (hopefully I did this year).

3. I learned that Mark apparently is grossed out by the little strands of hair that are attached to fresh corn cobs. Hilarious. I happen to think the seedy pulp in the middle of cantaloupes is horrible too.




4. We are definitely not getting sick of the snow at all! I know some people are getting really tired of it but I still love it. Spring will be fun and all, but I love everything being all fluffy and white.


5. We just started watching the show Modern Family and oh wow, it is absolutely histarical. I cannot stop laughing out loud everytime we watch an episode.

6. I made a vegetable lasagna that tastes pretty good, but for some reason Mark and I don't want to eat it at all. Does this ever happen to anyone else? You make something that tastes fine, but you just really don't want to eat it again?

7. Valentine's Day is coming up next Monday and Mark has something he's planning that I'm really excited about! I even came home yesterday to find a bag of dark chocolate covered pomegrantes on my bed waiting as an early Valentine's present. And yes, they are amazing.



8. I've been really dying to go buy some new nail polishes and I have no clue why. I suppose I'm tired of the ones I have, but I need new ones ASAP. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww sorry you have been sick! Not fun. That's good you got some yummy soup though. How thoughtful.

    I do the same thing about the food though. . .make something and then I don't want to eat it. Not because I don't like it in general. It just stops sounding appealing!

    ReplyDelete