Now I know my sister will understand and appreciate this, but we started decorating our apartment for Christmas last night. Yes I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet but I just can't help myself! I want to enjoy our Christmas decorations longer than 4 weeks, plus it's one less thing I have to worry about once it gets really busy near Christmas. This year I decorated the tree and bought the ornaments from the Dollar Tree because they're cheap and in case the kitties want to play with the tree, they don't break. I'm going to take pictures of everything once I finish. :) Christmas and Thanksgiving this year are more special than ever because it's our first Christmas as a married couple. I never imagined how much different the holidays become when you are married. Everything is more sentimental because you know you'll be starting traditions that'll last for a long time. I want to fill our home with the warm smells of cookies baking and soup simmering. Speaking of cookies--I'm baking some Earl Gray Tea cookies right now. I found them on www.realsimple.com. They are very low calorie (I think 44 calories a serving) and are not too sweet...and perfect with tea of course.
We also bought little holiday kitty collars for the cats and 10 min. after putting them on we took them off. It didn't go over to well. Mark and I have been eagerly anticipating the fall and winter weather--basically since September. We are both cold weather people and love to bundle up in the cold. We are planning on going to a bed and breakfast somewhere in Chattanooga sometime in November to get away for the weekend. Perhaps it will be our new pre-holiday tradition to get away before everything gets crazy. A tradition we started last year was to go to Waffle House on Christmas morning for breakfast. Surprisingly enough, it's really packed too! We decided that a tradition we want to start for Thanksgiving is to buy cards for each other and write down what we are most thankful for one in another and thank God for blessing up so much.
Now that it's getting colder, it means that it's time for a few things:
1. Time to buy wood for the fireplace at Kroger.
2. Time to turn off the heat and pile on the blankets.
3. Because we keep it so cold, the kitties are usually on one of us trying to stay warm by the time we wake up in the morning .
4. Time to remember to put your robe by the shower or else the dreaded LEAP to the robe where every part of your body is wet and cold occurs and you are miserable for the rest of the morning.
5. Time for yummy drinks such as: mulled apple cider, hot chocolate, and latte's.
6. Time to plan out your holiday gift list (I even wrote out a whole list of everyone's names we needed to get gifts for at work..yes I am very productive). :)
7. Time to bring out scarves, gloves, boots, sweaters, sweatshirts, and jackets.
8. For girls, time to switch to a heavier moisturizer because the cold weather dries out your skin.
9. Time to lather on lotion more heavily than usual to prevent really dry skin.
10. Time to watch all the cheesy Christmasy movies (Peanuts movies are my favorite!!!).
11. Time to find Mark a stocking b/c as of now, both kitties have one and I have two all hanging up on the mantel...two Olivia's and 2 kitty stockings...I don't look selfish at all right? (One of my stockings is in place of his soon to be stocking so don't judge me haha).
12. Time to buy tins at the Dollar Tree to put all my Christmas baked goodies in.
13. Time to hit the gym harder and run longer outside to burn off those Christmas goodies.
That's all I have for now, but keep expecting more things soon. :)