Am I still fascinated with the fall trends for 2011? Why yes I am. Fall just happens to be my favorite season so it's no wonder that I'm craving boots, scarves, and tights in this 100 degree weather. I've been doing some research on the upcoming trends for fall and here's what I've come up with so far.
1 Crimson: this is a Carolina Herrera dress, and while the neckline is a bit exaggerated, I think the detailing with the black belt and black tights really makes the crimson color pop.
2. Luxury and Demand: Do you remember watching old movies and thinking of how glamorous the women always looked? When I think of old-school luxury, FAUX fur (please don't wear real fur or Peta will show up at your front door with a can of red paint), long fitted coats, and lots of carmel/beige colors. Yes here is another exaggerated fur neck embellishment, but you guys get the idea. :)
3. Brightly colored Pants: whether they are fitted, wide-legged, or high waisted, I would definitely pair them with a more neutral top to keep attention on the bright color of the pants.
4. Tuxedo/Men-inspired Dressing: I had to search awhile before I actually found this trend on models that looked half-way decent. I think I like the white blouse and black pencil skirt combo the most since it seems the most wearable, though I do love the picture on the right with the bright red shoes.
5. Mustard hues: this color is going to be everywhere soon. Every time I think of mustard yellow I automatically think of Colonel Mustard from the game Clue...not sure why. Whether the color is in skirts (see below) or tops, it's one of those colors that's hard to mess up. My favorite color combination is pairing it with a blue (light or dark) color, dark purple, or cream.
6. Polka dots: I have to be honest and say that I am not a huge fan of polka dots. The pattern just screams juvenile to me, but then I saw this dress at Anthropologie and with the cinged waist and cut of this dress, I'm starting to come around to polka dots.
7. High waisted trousers: while I'm not a fan of high waisted jeans (I personally find that they are only flattering on very tall and thin people), this shape of pant is pretty much flattering to most body types.