Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was nice and relaxing. Friday night was spent at home with homemade fish tacos thanks to Mark. :) Usually after working all week mixed with training and such, on Fridays I am completely exhausted. I'm not sure what time we crashed, but I'm sure it was embarassingly early. :/

Saturday morning involved a run and a trip to the Farmer's Market. I have now discovered that if you are to go to the Farmer's Market, you have to go before 10am to avoid the crowd and the heat. I left with a huge bag full of produce for around $12. After a quick trip to Aldi, I met my friends Anna and Kacie for lunch at Sekuisi. I hadn't seen them in forever (which is sad b/c they both live super close to me), so it was a great getting to catch up. That afternoon I went with Mark to an OBS meeting, a quick trip to Fresh Market (we shop at a bunch of different places for food--weird I know), and a fantastic dinner at Old Venice with a group of friends.

Sunday morning we went to church and then Mark had to work that afternoon and night. :( I did the wife stuff: clean, laundry, dishes, pack lunches for today, etc. So there you go, for all you guys who like to know what goes on in our exciting lives, there you have it. :)

Today is my first official day of half marathon training! I've been training before this official training so I would be ready--yes I like to be prepared. :) I'm excited, but definitely a little worried about having to follow a strict schedule. Basically if I want to be lazy one day, I probably shouldn't. haha

Mark also found out that he has several vacation days that need to be used before they expire in October, so we'll have a few weekends together which is a treat for us. :) We're thinking of making a short weekend trip to Knxoville at the end of the month, but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment