Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1/31/12

It's officially the last day of January and I couldn't be more thankful. Apologies for the noticable absence in January--it was a hectic month for us. There was bronchittis, strep, 2 doctor visits, updates with work, and overall busyness. 2012 didn't exactly start off idyllic for us, but I have high hopes for the rest of the year. I told Mark we just had to get all our sickness done with in January so we could be healthy for the new year. :) How's that for the glass half full?

In my last post I mentioned a few goals for the New Year so I thought I'd address a few things that I particularly liked in January. We'll call it my January favorites/few New Year's goals met.

1. I'm happy to say that I, despite the craziness, did manage to get more reading time in. I'm especially enjoying a little devotional book (I cannot remember the name of it...) but it's been great. :)
2. I did make a new recipe via Pinterest. I made honey chicken in the crockpot and it was absolutely delicious! Pinterest really does have some amazing recipes.
3. Favorite quick dinner-Chikfila. The stupid place made me start eating meat again and I blame it for its delicious chicken.
4. I love getting to see my nephew and niece a little more often now that we live across the street. :) My favorite quote from Christian was when I asked him if he liked me or Mark more and he said "the cats."
5. I'm thankful not to be sick anymore--and to be able to swallow w/o the feeling of knives stabbing my throat.
6. I've been indulging in getting a manicure every few weeks in a soft pink color and for some reason it continually makes me happy everytime I look at my nails.
7. DVR. Enough said.

Here's to a wonderful February!

No comments:

Post a Comment