Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Friday


Since the last few posts have been about our future house, I thought it would be nice to venture away from that topic for a little bit. I don't know about anyone else, but I am absolutely LOVING this cooler weather. Instead of being angry that it's not in the 40's yet, I'm embracing having a cheaper MLGW bill for this month.

After work tonight I'll be heading over to the University of Memphis to see Mark at the school's Genocide Conference. I haven't been to campus since graduating so I'm excited to see what kind of changes they've made since I left. :)

This week hasn't been my best training week...in fact I've only run once this whole week. After pretty diligently training for 7 weeks, I suppose it all caught up with me because I've been exhausted. I initially felt bad taking a few days off, but I also know that it's important to listen to your body. If I dread doing a run as much as I did yesterday, I think it's better not do it because I want running to be enjoyable. I also decided not to run up to 12 miles before the half and just stick to 11. This weekend I'll be running 9 again, then the next two Saturdays will be 10, and then the last will be 11. Sometimes you just need to realize that you're not a superhero and need a break. After being incredibly busy all week, waking up early on Saturdays to run rather than sleeping probably doesn't help too much either. Maybe a nap will be in store for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment