Sunday, January 24, 2010

Our Honeymoon :)








After visiting the travel agency, my jaw dropped to the floor in astonishment concerning the cost of our ideal honeymoon to Rome. Between the costs of the flights, hotels, car rentals, food, etc., there was just no possible way that we could afford the trip. I must admit that I was really disappointed. It took me about an hour to shake off my disappointment and poor Mark was very kind and patient with me. He even offered to buy me ice cream, but at that point I was inconsolable and just needed time to get over it. We then decided that we needed to stay within the US to save money on airfare. The one place that stuck out to us both was New York! We both have always wanted to go there so we went for it!

We bought our flight tickets and booked the hotel and we are set to stay in a Holiday Inn in Downtown Manhattan, the SOHO area. It's near Greenwich Village, Little Italy, the Statue of Liberty, good shopping :), etc. I have been looking up some of the best restaurants and cafes to visit while we are in the city. I'm so glad to get the honeymoon booked though! I feel like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders. :)

Poor Mark is working at his store, heading up OBS, and doing his 9 hours at school. I know it's already hard on him, but he has a good attitude about it. I'm trying to be a good future wife and cook for him and help relieve stress whenever I can. I come and do homework at his store whenever I can because at this point we have to make time to see each other. We are both ready for May to be here. I must go to bed soon because 4 am soon calls! Til next time. :)

4 comments:

  1. AW! I so wanted to tell you that it would be at least $2000, but I didn't want to burst your bubble. You will LOVE NYC though!! WHat a great experience. Besides, you'll be on your honeymoon. Bliss, bliss, bliss =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYC!!!! Awesome!!! If you need anything in the way of insider NYC stuff let me know... I've been a few times and have a good girlfriend that lives across the bay in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya let us know if there are any cool places to go that only an insider would know about! Maybe some off-the-wall cafe or coffee shop maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you like Italian food?

    ReplyDelete