Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Staying put for now

We had a scare with our apartment this past week. :/ On Friday we got a notice stating that if we didn't re-sign our lease by 3pm on Monday then we would be charged month-to-month. I went to the leasing office on Saturday and the girl who handles lease renewals doesn't work on Saturdays. Strike one. Then I call the number listed on the notice and she doesn't answer. Strike two. Then I email her using the email address that was on the notice and it was sent back as a delivery failure because it wasn't a valid email address. Strike three. At that point, I'm getting really upset because I know that if we are going to be charged month to month, we would have to move out because it would charge us over $1000.00 a month. I had to take a personal day from work on Monday, our very pretty snow day, and take care of everything. Ugh...such an ordeal. I now know that you need to renew a lease WAY before your original move in date.

Mark and I have decided that we will be moving out of our apartment complex next January after our year long lease is up. We are thinking of renting a little house in the east Memphis/midtown area. We definitely have no intentions of buying a house, but we are really excited about renting one soon. We'll start looking around for a rental house in the fall, so if anyone has any suggestions or anything please let us know!

So is anyone out there ready for spring and summer yet? I must say that I am not at all. It's been such a mild winter that I feel slightly cheated out of the cold weather fun. I'd be lying, though, if I said that I wasn't looking forward to growing my herbs on our balcony again. Plus we have a grill this year so it'll be fun to use that to grill some veggies. :)


I just despise hot weather. I hate walking around for 2 minutes and have a sweat broken out on my forehead. It just feels really gross to me. I remember back when I was a little kid my mom would always make Kool-Aid and we would sit and watch the Price is Right all summer. Then of course we would go to my grandparents, swim, eat popsicles and popcorn, and watch Nick at Nite in their bedroom until our parents made us go home. Those were the good ol days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment