Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why is it not Friday yet??

Hello all, I hope you are having a wonderful week so far, if not, tomorrow is Friday so that is sure to brighten anyone's day. :) For those who like to know what's going on with our lives (since we are SO interesting (sarcasm)), here's an update for you. Saturday morning included some cleaning and some gym time, followed by shopping with my mom (yay!), and going to the refugee center with Mark to put a seal on some of the marble flooring. Sunday morning I went to First Evan while Mark was working (sad), but my old college pastor's wife was there so I had a great time catching up with her. :) It felt so great outside that I went for a run around our apartment lake and it felt wonderful. It always is weird to me that the day after I run outside, my hips really hurt. If I run on the treadmill, sometimes my quads will hurt, but my hips? Weird. I don't remember much more of Sunday to be honest...my memory is horrible I know. I remember running a few errands, but I forget where.

Guess what store opens up today??? URBAN OUTFITTERS!!! WOOHOO!!! Unfortuantely I am not brave enough to brave the crazies that will be there today, but mind you in a few days I will definitely be heading up to Cooper and Young  to visit one of my favorite stores ever.

On a more random note, Mark and I have decided to save some money by making our own tomato sauce. I know it doesn't sound like it would save a lot of money, but buying jar after jar of brand tomato sauce adds up. We bought a box of canned stewed tomatoes from Costco and have been making sauce in batches and it tastes so good. :) I also made a big batch of whole wheat chocolate cookies yesterday. You know those times when you really need a good chocolate chip cookie, but you're not in the mood to make them? Well I just decided to bake a big batch, bake a few, then freeze the rest. Mmmm...cookies :)

2 comments:

  1. my hips hurt too! women can tend to have weak hip flexors. when i do the hip abductor machine a lot, it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought women could tend to have weak hips, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, I do know that when i work glutes and core and use the abductor machine, it helps the things that aggravate soreness after running. . .IT band, weak hips, etc. It helps stabilize my form during the run.

    ReplyDelete