Monday, August 20, 2012

It's already Monday?

Yesterday I remember laughing when I thought about how nice and lovely our weekend sounded on my last blog post because it was anything but that.

To be fair, Friday night I had a wonderful time catching up with an old friend and on Saturday morning my 9 mile run went splendidly. Everything after that moment became a blur of errands. I remember coming home Saturday night really tired and I can't even tell you what we had for dinner. I think we made a pizza.

Sunday morning rolled in and with every intention of going to the late service, we opened the windows to see the thing we've been dreading for months  weeks--our flower bed. Ok let's just the be honest--it was our whole yard.

Even though the temperatures were amazing this weekend, we knew that it would be best to knock out the hours of yard work early thus we had to forego the service that morning. 4 hours later we have this:


Now you might think that it looks normal, but you just don't know how bad it was before it looked like this. The breaking point was when I could no longer tell the difference between what plants were which and what was a weed. Bad.

Needless to say, that afternoon we were exhausted. The house hadn't even been cleaned and laundry was still waiting to be washed in the hamper.

The house got clean, the laundry finally got done, and the grocery store was never visited.

Two highlights of the weekend were a much deservd ice cream cone from Baskin Robbins and new lantern lights in our favorite back yard tree.



Weekend-1, Mark and Olivia-0.


1 comment:

  1. your yard looks nice! Are you running a 1/2? I too ran 9 miles this weekend-- well, it was more like 8.80. haha. I wimped out at the last turn.

    cute lights for the tree... looks great!

    ReplyDelete