Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Woohoo! 2nd post in a row

Day 2.

How long does it take for something to become a habit? I think it might be 2 weeks. Maybe if I continue writing a daily blog post for 2 weeks I will form a habit. Minus the weekends...and holidays...and busy days at work. I think that this might be doable. Maybe. :)

There's this trend I've noticed around a few blogs that I read called "It's ok Thursday" where you basically try to justify ridiculous/odd behavior--except that it's more of a confession than a justification.

I realize that was the worst explanation I could have written. Apologies.

Instead I think I'll just write a few "It's ok Thursdays...except it's Wednesday." We'll just say it's practice for the real deal. Stay tuned for tomorrow. It's going to be a good time.



---It's ok that up until this point in my life I've never cooked with ground turkey. We made spaghetti last night and used ground turkey in the sauce. Amazing!

--It's ok that I used to be a vegetarian and feel no shame in the previous statement.

--It's ok that I have eaten cookies after dinner every night this week. They are PUMPKIN chocolate chip cookies so that makes it healthy right?

--It's ok that I've been procrastinating fixing our bathroom toilet seat that is unhinged in one corner.

--It's ok that part of the reason I've been putting off fixing that toilet seat is that I enjoy watching my cats run and jump on the toilet seat forgetting that it's broken. I really need to video tape it.

--It's ok that I make Mark watch the ridiculous tv shows that I watch. He says he only watches them to spend time with me...but I think we all know the truth about that. :) Either way he is a good sport.

--It's ok that I'm taking Mark out for a date tonight instead of him taking me out. Every now and then it's nice to switch things up. :)

--It's ok that the majority of pictures on my Iphone are cats and food. My priorities are clearly in check.

--It's ok that I have been craving chocolate and caramel all day long. Something needs to happen about this.

I really enjoy reading other "It's ok Thursdays" so I hope that you guys do as well and even join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment