Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas and Colds

Mark and I have been feeling a bit under the weather this past week. Mark's had an on and off cough all month and I've been dealing wih congestion. I've been fighting the urge to take a half sick day all day, but I just can't use it unless I'm nauseous or throwing up. I'm just going to have to take one for the team. ha

Christmas has come and gone. We had a wonderful Christmas this year--very relaxed. On Christmas day Mark and I got to spend the whole day at home together so I could rest and try and feel better. These days for us are so rare and we really do enjoy every moment. Mark won the best husband of the year award for buying me my first pair of diamond earings from Jareds! I in turn bought him a Nintendo Wi so he could play his video games after work. :)

I ended up taking down all our Christmas decoration yesterday along with the help of my mom and dad (THANKS!). I thought I was going to be really sad about it, but instead I have to admit that it was kind of nice to see everything looking clean and bare again.

I think it's about time that I get a hair cut...it's starting to get too long. Scheduling a hair appointment for me is like scheduling a dentist appointment though. For some reason I hate doing it. Maybe I can try and pull off that 60's inspired look with stick straight hair that goes all the way down your back. I'm probably not too far off now. :/

Much like everyone else this time of year, I would like to start working out more consecutively. I'm usually really good about working out in the summer, but come winter when it gets cold I'm not as good about it as I should be. I'm just never as hungry in the winter though..it's weird I know. I wanted to start working out this week, but this sinus infection/cold/whatever it is makes me just want to curl up with a mup of green tea. The best part is, on Friday the high is supposed to be 66 (yes Memphis, I absolutely HATE your weather). Last time it got warmer then colder I got sick...now time for  relapse. Mark and I need to move to Iceland where it just stays cold all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment